Tips to choose a construction bar you need from various construction tmt bars manufacture available in the market .Construction bars i.e TMT bars are necessitated as reinforcement in RCC structure. Concrete is a material that is very weak in tension (when the element experiences stress) but strong in compression. To compensate for this imbalance of concrete, we use TMT bars in concrete to increase its tensile strength.
You, therefore, have to select the precise type and grade of TMT steel bars depending on your blueprint or as considered in fundamental design/architectural drawing by the architectural engineer.
First, you have to choose why and where do you require TMT bars? i.e. for foundation, slab, and beam, column or for constructional building and where is your area located? I.e. the area near the sea is It in a corrosion-prone area? You then need a CRS steel.
The following steps will help you to find the quality of the TMT bars.
1.Buy only that grade of steel, as designated in the drawing/blueprint given by the engineer.
2.Check the classification mark on the bars from the various construction bar manufacturing Identification marks will be marked at each running meter of the bar length.
3.There should not be any corrosion film on bars. Always buy TMT bars, which are rust-free.
4.Check the diameter of the bar using a vernier calliper and it should be the same as specified in the drawing.
Check the section of deviation (Rolling Margin) in the weight of reinforcement steel. The rolling margin is very important when you buy in tonnes, and you get paid in lengths.
1. Avoid using steel bars from those rolling mills which use “rerolled or scrap steel” as raw material. These are likely to have greater carbon content, which is prone to high corrosion.
2. Always ask for a “chemical composition” test from the supplier or manufacturer. Apart from other materials, the content of carbon is very significant. It should not be more than 0.25 per cent as it would stimulate corrosion and which will not only reduce the life of the building but also will increase periodical repairing work.
I steel TMT bars using original Iron Ore as raw material to manufacture their bars! so this evidently makes them one of the best construction bar manufacturers.
1. Check the state and length of each type of bar as per the bar bending schedule
2. Check numbers and stack each bar separately.
3. Always check the hooks, their shape and their length.
4. Check the quantity of the bars you buy.
Check whether the TMT bars you buy bears a nationwide certification like ASTM A706, JIS G3112, BS4449, ASTM A615, JIS G3109 and IS 432 (Mild Steel Bar), IS 1786 (High Strength Deformed Steel Bar) etc. The certification ensures your quality as well as the eminence of the manufacturer.
You may economise and save on every single item, but you should not save on TMT bars. They are the definite obligation of your house and directly related to the safety and security of your house.
It is prudent to provide steel bars as designated in the drawing or as instructed by the architectural consultant. Some people avoid discussing it with the architectural consultant and providing the iron as per the thumb rule to save the fees of the architectural consultant. They forgot that every building has several behaviours and one cannot use the same finger rule for different structures. Do not get away by the idiotic thumb rule of using this 2 to 3 kg of iron per Sq.ft. One thing we can tell you is that thumb rules will increase your budget in future as they ultimately raise the cost of repairing work. They either excess your budget by over-design or decrease the lifespan of the structure by under design.
1.The Quantity You Want to Buy
2. Where is it Available, From Where to Buy Steel Bars?
3. The Cost of Transport/Taxes:
The TMT bars are generally a one-time investment, and it has a long-lasting service life when planted in concrete. If we leave them in an open environment, they get rusted fast. Hence try to use them as early as possible or store steel bars in the warehouse.
Nowadays among the variety of construction bars available in the market (TMT) Bars and Corrosion Resistance Steel (CRS)bars are also used in Reinforced Concrete Framed Building construction. They have good elongation, bending strength, ductility and high tensile strength and high corrosion protection.
1. Basically choosing Construction bars is totally up to the recommendation on the blueprint given by the Constructional engineer. But all the basic tips given will give you the exact clarity to choose a construction bar brand from various construction bar manufacturing.